Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lesson learned

Roughly four hours were spent correcting my stupidity in order for me to continue posting photos on my blog.  Basically, I didn't realize that my camera took HUGE, MASSIVE photos.  I'd naively been pulling photos off of the camera and posting them directly onto the blog.  Tuesday, Blogger let me know that I had no more space available for photos.  It did not take my husband long to figure out what I'd done wrong.  (Whaaa, whaaa!)

I'm happy to say that all of the photos have been resized, and I have lots of space left. As a matter of fact, I went from 99.9% full to 10.29%.  Huzzah!  Yeah, I know, I'm a dunce.  That's something I really should have known.  Lesson learned, right??  Another thing I learned, Picasa's editor Picnik is really cool.  I find photo editors too complex, mostly because I haven't taken the time to learn how each function works.  So, until I get more serious and take a class, I think I'll definitely be putting Picnik to use!

For today, I wanted to share a delicious and embarrassingly simple lunch.  I made this for us on Sunday with the snow falling, and I am so pleased with it.


I'd picked up this box of Annie's mac and cheese on a whim when I saw it on sale.  It's been in the pantry for weeks.  I'd forgotten about it until I reorganized the pantry and discovered it.  I prefer to make my own cheese sauce, but sometimes you just want easy, right?  I was intrigued by the fact that Annie's was at least healthier than the usual box of mac.  This was the organic 5-grain elbows and white cheddar, and according to their nutritionals,  there are 10 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber! 


I cooked it according to box directions, added a pack of Starkist smoked tuna, a bunch of frozen peas, and a handful of parm.  This was a seriously delicious and filling lunch, done in 10 minutes!  I'm good with that.

1 comment:

  1. Adding tuna to mac and cheese to make easy tuna casserole is an old favorite trick of mine, and the peas look just perfect in there!! :) Thank god for nutritional yeast now that I am cutting dairy out of my life!

    ReplyDelete